Monday 29 April 2013

Since returning from Asia I have been very busy putting my new project together about glacier lakes in India and Nepal. 

Everything is coming along really well. All the sheets of filmed have been scanned and processed. I now have a edit which I'm still finalising. Currently I'm spending allot of time   researching and writing. 

During this time I come across some really beautiful painting during the "little ice age" in Europe. This was a period of global cooling which happened after the mediveal warm period - about 1350 to 1859. Here is a selection of my favorite paintings.



















Pieter Brueghel the Elder, 1865






















Hunters in the snow, Pieter Brueghel the Elder, 1565


















Winterlandschap met schaatsers. Netherlands Circa 1608


















Merrymakers skate on the frozen River Thames in this 1677 painting by Abraham Hondius

















Hendrick Avercamp






















This painting by Birman in 1826, Mer De Glace, France

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This article a person with information on how to size various athletic shoes in
the correct way. Ipod shuffle is completely different from the common involving iPod.
Fine, look at various other simplistic crazes nike Dunk SB
statements. What would constitute most practical for our own use while useful our certain blend or style?
http://www.oldtownspace.net/LenoraMag

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I realize this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to
ask. Does managing a well-established blog such as yours require a lot
of work? I'm completely new to writing a blog however I do write in my journal on a daily basis. I'd like to start a
blog so I can easily share my experience and feelings online.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
Thankyou!

Check out my web page: surgery